Software Quality Assurance Engineers (QA) at Jewel Digital Ventures Sdn Bhd (JDV) you will be part of our in-house development team working to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The QA engineer’s responsibilities include designing and implementing tests as well as debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g., defect densities and open defect counts.)
You will join a team of engineers in bringing innovative FinTech ideas to life by utilising the latest technologies and tools. As such, we are looking for talents with inquisitive minds who are eager to push the technical boundaries and thrive when given the opportunity to learn new technologies and systems.
The key responsibilities include:
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Write automation test scripts for API, Mobile and Web based frameworks.
- Estimate the required testing time for each user story.
- Perform functional and regression tests on mobile/web clients and backend services.
- Prepare test summary reports.
- Collaborate with, and provide status updates to Software Engineers, Product Leads and Chief Technology Officer.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor app performance and suggest methods to improve.
- Provide support for resolving customer issues and finding root cause.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer with at least 1 year in Automated QA.
- Hands-on experience with testing mobile applications, web applications, and REST APIs.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with client-server architecture.
- Experience with Crashlytics, Instabug or similar error reporting services.
- Familiar with Performance and Load testing such as k6, JMeter etc.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Practical experience with bug tracking systems (JIRA).
- Highly detail-oriented when writing test cases for negative and edge-cases.
- Experience with Payment / Rewards & Loyalty / Marketplace / e-Commerce / SaaS apps would be a plus.